Linksys create products that help people to realize the power of technology that make people’s lives better, easier and eco-friendly. www.linksyssmartwifi.com is the default website or URL that helps people to get into a Linksys router. Many people also try IP address for there router i.e. 192.168.1.1 which is the default IP address to get into Linksys Page. Linksys Wi-Fi Router quite easy to set up and it starts communicating with your devices or gadgets.
The linksyssmartwifi.com router gives you the best systems administration equipment. They are the most suitable Router for the homes and the working environments also. To get to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Login Setup you will require the main sign in to www.linksyssmartwifi.com. The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers can be signed in by using the web address http://linksyssmartwifi.com.By using the linksyssmartwifi.com you will ready to get to the router. To arrangement, the Linksys router login using is exceptionally basic. The Linksys Router IP, currently accompany the best feature there is no compelling reason to set up CD or some other programming for the procedure.
How www.linksyssmartwifi.com Works?
To access the advanced features of the linksyssmartwifi.com to configure the router. The web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com is the service provider for the user to access the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi internet may available router in an easy way. The user can easily access the router by simple access the official web address or by using the default Linksys Router IP address. Here you just need to enter the Linksys Router username and password and it will also provide the guest network access features to the user that allow the guest to access their network and the user can also able to restrict the network in which they can set the limit of the network access.
How to Set up your New Linksys Router?
To set up the Linksys router or access the setting for your router always browse www.linksyssmartwifi.com on your internet browser.
Before you start with the process make sure you can check out the following things:
- Make sure you have a working Internet connection from your Internet Company.
- If you are replacing your router with Linksys router, make sure you can unplug the old router properly.
- Power off the modem and Plug in the RJ45 ethernet cable from the Modem to your New Linksys router.
- Plug in the ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of your router.
- Make sure after plugging in the ethernet cable, you can turn on the modem and plug in your router to the power source.
- Wait until the Linksys Logo is On and Solid.
- Connect the ethernet cable from your Linksys router to your computer or laptop, you can also connect your Phone with Wi-Fi.
- For the Wi-Fi credential, you can look out at the backside or bottom of your Linksys router. There is the following information written on it.
2.4GHz Wi-Fi Name:
5GHz Wi-Fi Name:
- You can put the information on your Wi-Fi compatible device, once it is connected. You can open up a web browser.
- Launch the Web browser (like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge) where you can enter the default login URL “www.linksyssmartwifi.com” or you can also try the default the IP Address for your Router which is 192.168.1.1.
- It will be going to show you the screen where it asks you to agree with the terms and conditions for your Linksys router and Click Next.
- Now it will detect the type of Internet connection which you are using from modem which is plugged into your Linksys router (yellow port). Types of Connection:
Static IP Address
- Select the respective Connection according to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and click next.
- Further, you can see the screen for Wireless Name and Wireless password, you can change the name and password according to user demand.
- Click on save, and you can select the Router Password ( login Password) for your Linksys.
- Once you click on Next, it will go to firmware option where it asks you to install the firmware automatically for the future.
- You can Install the New Firmware at the time of Setup or you can install it later on as well, after that it will reboot itself.
- So the Setup is complete, you are good to go
Still, you can feel free to chat with us
How to access my Linksys router login page?
For login into your Linksys router make sure you are connected with the same network from your router. Things which you need to login into your router:
- You can open a web browser where you can type the default web address for your Linksys router.
- Enter “linksyssmartwifi.com” and it will prompt for username and password where you can type your login details and click sign in.
- You can also try default IP Address 192.168.1.1 which takes you to the same login screen of your Linksys router.
- On your login screen for Linksys you can see the option to select Access password, you can type the default access password and click login.
- Once you login into your router page you can see the setting for your router.
How to Disable my Guest Wi-Fi Network? Why it is showing me open?
When you got a new Linksys router, it always shows you open Guest Network on your Wireless device. It will show you open always but on the other side whenever anybody tries to connect with the guest Wi-Fi Network.
First, it is connected and after that when that user tries to access the internet it will ask for a password, which is written on the Router.
You can also disable the guest Wi-Fi Network by using the following steps:
- You have to log in to your Linksys page to access the guest Wi-Fi setting.
- Enter the default login web address “www.linksyssmartwifi.com” where you get Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account.
- You need to select the guest setting option.
- Where it shows you the option to Edit the setting for your guest network.
- If you want to disable it, Simply turn it off the Guest Wi-Fi and Click Save
- It will save the new settings.
How to update firmware by login Linksys Smart WiFi Account?
The Firmware update is a most important task which you need to do on a periodical basis or whenever there is new firmware available, you can simply download the New Software according to the there respective version and Model Number of Linksys Router.
Things that you need to take care of before updating the New firmware.
- Make sure your router is plugged into the Power outlet into the wall jack directly.
- You have to be aware of the model number of your router as well as the version.
- Enter www.linksys.com on your browser to get the latest version of Firmware for your router.
- Login into Linksys smart WiFi account by typing the IP address 192.168.1.1 or “linksyssmartwifi.com”.
- Here, you need to type the Login credential for your router that is Username and Password for the Linksys.
- You can also type the Router Access password which is written on the Router or you can also try the default login password for your router.
- Once you login into your router, you can go to Connectivity > Basic.
- Under the Basic setting you can see the Option of Router Firmware Update, you can simply click on Check for Update.
- If there is any new software available there it will be going to show you to apply the new firmware.
- After login into your router just make this firmware to update it automatically whenever it is connected to Linksys Server securely and download the new firmware and install it on your router and it reboots.
- You can also download the New firmware from the Linksys support page by selecting your Router.
- Reboot the router once your new firmware is installed in Linksys router
Why linksyssmartwifi.com Refused to Connect With Wireless Network?
On your Linksys router, you can go into your setting where you can check out the settings of the router. You can use a computer, Laptop or mobile phone. “linksyssmartwifi.com” Following options are important to check:
- MTU Size
- Frequency Interference from other wireless devices
- The low signal quality received from your wireless router
- Router Firmware
If you are facing wireless disconnection on your devices. In that case, you can try the following steps:
- By adjusting the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) Size
- You can reduce the interference of wireless
- Change the Wireless setting
- Update the Router firmware
MTU Size: The Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) means to allow the largest packet size for internet transmission. You need to set up a proper MTU size so that your router’s Wi-Fi works efficiently.
Generally, it is also seen that, if your router’s MTU is too large for the connection, your device will experience packet loss or dropping internet connection.
Reduce Wireless Interference: You can check out the following factors by typing “http://linksyssmartwifi.com”:
- 2.4GHz Interference: Your router may work on the same frequency on which your other wireless device operates or also interfere with your Modem Network. Change the Wireless channel for your WiFi Network and you can change the Channel to 1 or 11 (the default channel is 6) as these are non-overlapping channels. Once you change the channel for your Wireless Network, you can restart your computer and Router.
- Physical Obstructions: In this, your router may lose the wireless connectivity with devices because of some Physical Obstacles such as walls or floors. Try to move your device at different locations to get better signal strength and better connectivity. The Most ideal place to set up a router is to put at the center of your House or Office.
- Placement of Your Router: It is recommended that you can put the router at the center of the house moreover check the angle of Antennas, it should be 45 degrees. If your signal passes through different floors, In that case, you need to place the router on the upper-most floor, and at the proper height. When you are using a wireless device, avoid moving closer to your router, 18-Inches radius of the router because it is considered to be a wireless dead zone.
- Surroundings: Keep away your router from large metal objects, fish tank aquarium, any other electrical equipment, Television, etc.
Change the wireless setting: If you are using the default wireless settings for your Linksys router, it will conflict with other Linksys WiFi router. So change the SSID Name. Use the Security type which is WPA or WPA2 PSK Personal which helps you connect the device in stable mode.
Router Firmware: After performing the above tasks still, if you are facing the issues regarding disconnectivity. You can log in into the router page by typing “http://linksyssmartwifi.com” on your browser, where you can get into Linksys Smart WiFi Account and update the Linksys Router. It will take some time to install the new version of your Linksys router.
NOTE: Once you successfully update the router’s firmware, ensure that your computer’s wireless adapter is also updated. Else you can contact to Manufacturer of the Computer.
QoS (Quality of Service): Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router and Linksys Wi-Fi Routers are mainly known for fast upload and download speeds, If you are facing low speed on your device you can set up Router’s Quality of Service QoS. You can select the device and set up at the High priority for that particular device and the rest of your device get a normal speed.