Linksyssmartwifi.com is the web address. If you are thinking of monitoring and managing your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers and Linksys Velop, one Linksys App lets you do both of them. This amazing Linksys app lets access your home network anywhere and anytime. There are some exciting features that let you set a limit for the Wi-Fi access for guests or even restrict your kids from accessing social networking sites when they should be studying. It also lets you choose which device gets priority bandwidth, this will reduce lag times and buffering on your network. Roam around in your house and use the WiFi network uninterrupted, you’re no longer tethered to the desk to use the WiFi.
The Dashboard is the user interface of the Linksys app. It shows whether the router is connected to the internet or not and how many devices are connected to the network.
There are a few requirements that you need to meet before setting up the Linksys app:
1. Linksys Velop or Smart Wi-Fi Router.
2. It should be compatible with Apple iOS version 9.0 and later.
3. For Android, it should be compatible with Android version 4.1 and later
4.Linksys server account
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi is very reliable when joined with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers. Once you are done setting up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, it lets you access it very easily wherever there is:
1. An active internet connection by using a Linksys cloud account and associating your router to it.
NOTE: Make sure you update the router’s firmware before accessing the Linksys cloud account, this is to avoid access issues.
There are two ways to access your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi:
In the below steps, we will tell you how you can access your router locally.
1. Open any web browser on your PC (Google Chrome, Safari is recommended).
2. In the URL/ Address Bar enter your router’s default IP address i.e. “192.168.1.1”, or manually type “myrouter.local“. Press Enter.
If you see a bad gateway error while trying to access your router with this IP address, it is because the IP has been changed. You need to check your Linksys router’s IP address. You need to Log in, enter your Router Username and Password before clicking Log in.
NOTE: “admin” is the default password but If you have changed it earlier, you need to enter the new password instead.
There is an Alternate way to login:
1. Login by using your Linksys cloud account.
2.Check there is a link provided at the bottom part, Click the Link.
3.A Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Sign In page will appear, where you need to enter your Email Address and Password then clicks login.
4.Another Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page will appear. From here you can access and make changes to the Smart Wi-Fi Tools and Router Settings.
In the below steps, we will tell you how you can access your router by Remote Access.
Remote access lets you manage your Wi-Fi so you can set up or make changes to your router settings securely, anytime and anywhere.
Follow the below steps in this article, to know-how:
- Open a web browser on PC, Laptop, or any device which is connected to the WiFi. In the URL or Address bar enter “linksyssmartwifi.com”. Press Enter.
- In the provided fields, enter your Email Address and Password, Then click Log in.
Now you will see the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page. From here you can access and make changes to the Smart Wi-Fi Tools and Router Settings.