Linksys router firmware update keeps your Linksys Router compatible with the latest introduced media devices in the market. This benefits you in a way that you don’t have to buy a new router after buying a new technology phone or laptop. You should always keep Linksys router secure by updating router firmware Linksys.
There are two ways to update Linksys router firmware. You can update the router firm either manually or by an automatic method.
Download the Linksys Router firmware from linksyssmartwifi official website:
- First, you need to check whether a new Linksys Firmware is available or not.
- Open the official website of linksyssmartwifi.com and download the firmware as per the Linksys router model.
Steps to follow:-
- 1. On a device that is connected to the Linksys Router’s network, open a web browser.
- 2. In the URL please type www.linksyssmartwifi.com or its IP address 192.168.1.1. Press Enter.
- 3. It will prompt you to Linksys Login Webpage.
- 4. Log in by entering the Linksys router login default username and password. If you have changed or updated the credentials click here.
- 5. Upon successful Login, you will enter the BASIC Homepage.
- 6. Locate Administration, click on it. Then click Firmware upgrade.
- 7. Browse the downloaded file and select it.
- 8. Click on the “Start Upgrade” button.
- 9. The on-screen instructions will guide you to complete the upgrade process.
- 10.Once the upgrade is completed, turn OFF the Linksys Router and then turn it ON again.
- 11. Your Linksys Router Firmware update is successfully installed.
How do I reset Linksys Router’s Admin Password?
It is always recommended that your admin password should be changed soon after you bring Linksys Router home and start using it. Hackers are always keen to intrude in your network just by knowing the brand and model number of your Linksys Router. That’s why you should change the password once in a quarter year and note down the new credentials for future reference.
Read these easy instructions to change the Linksys Router Admin Password via Http linksyssmartwifi com. Follow all the below steps to complete the process:
- 1. Get onto a device that is connected to the Linksys Router, open any browser of your choice in it.
- 2. In the address bar or URL, type https//www.linksyssmartwifi.com or the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1.
- 3. Press Enter, it will prompt you to the Login Authentication page.
- 4. Here you need to enter the default username and password of the Linksys Router, i.e.
- 5. Upon successful Login, it will direct you to the Homepage of the linksyssmartwifi.
- 6. Locate the Administration page there and go to the Management Section.
- 7. Here you need to enter the new username and password that you wish to keep for your Linksys Router.
- 8. Re-enter the details to confirm the fields.
- 9. Click Save.
- 10. The new settings are applied to the Linksys Router.
- http //linksyssmartwifi.com login
- linksyssmartwifi.com setup
- linksys smart wifi can’t connect to router
- linksyssmartwifi.com refused to connect
- linksys app not working
- linksys smart wifi local access
- myrouter local and linksyssmartwifi
- linksys login