Before accessing your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router, it is important to understand why it is necessary to access the router. Accessing your Linksys router is very important, especially when one wants to configure the settings of the router.
According to this article, to get access over the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router does not require any particular smart setup wizard or the installation of any particular software to perform. It only demand for a high-efficiency internet browser.
Steps to access the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router
In order to access the router, the users are required to carefully follow the below information. The article is going to provide the instructions to perform Linksysmartwifi.com accessing procedure. Important steps to be followed are:-
- Let’s suppose if the Linksys smart Wi-Fi router contains any external antennas in the box. Then, firstly try to connect the external antenna to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi and that plugin your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router to the power source outlets.
- Make a strong and reliable wired connection through an Ethernet cable by attaching from the modem to the internet port of Linksys smart Wi-Fi router. Apart from this, one can also establish a wireless connection by accessing the Wi-Fi setting of your Wi-Fi enabled device.
- In the next step, connect your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router to the secured Wi-Fi. For a quick start guide, the user has to locate the Wi-Fi credentials.
Note: In suppose, you are using a personal computer or taking the help of a laptop, then the user may need to skip step 3 and proceed directly to step 4.
- Navigate an updated web browser. Put http://linksysmartwifi.com in the address bar of your web browser. Hit the Enter button through the keyboard.
Note: In case, if the users are not able to access the smart setup wizard, then the user may take the help of default Internet protocol address of the Linksyssmartwifi.com router 192.168.1.1 or enter myrouter.local in the web browser.
- Moving to the next step, in this you have to click on the checkbox that represents “I have read and accepted the license terms for using this software”. Fortunately, click on the Next button.
Note: In a situation, if the users prefer to manually set up the router and want to bypass the smart setup wizard, then click on the manual configuration the link present at the bottom.
- Moreover, to install the future Linksys smart Wi-Fi router update automatically, the users are prompted to Mark on the checkbox to allow automatic updates. Click on the Next button to move to the next step.
- Mention the desired Wi-Fi name as well as the Wi-Fi password.
- Now, connect your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router to the new mentioned Wi-Fi name. Return to the setup page and click on the Next option to move to the next step.
- In the “Create a new password section”, you are required to enter a unique and strong Linksys smart Wi-Fi router’s password. Click on the Next button to proceed.
- In the final step, a message will be displayed “Your router is set up” on window screen which states that your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router set up process is completely done. Click on the Next option.
Fortunately, you can access all of the functions as well as features of the Linksys Wi-Fi router.
Besides that, it is a professional suggestion to use a hard-wired connection from your computer device to the Linksys router in order to access the router’s web interface to establish a strong and stable connection.