Linksys RE4100W is a tri-band Wi-Fi system. It works dedicatedly to create a perfect high-range mesh network. It does not react like your traditional routers that need more range to enhance the signal range. Your Linksys extender setup device RE4100W also carries a mesh system that can extend the Wi-Fi range of your home Wi-Fi up to 10,000 sq. feet. It is a connection point that emits 100 % internet speed throughout the entire area of your home. Get the freedom to use reliable, seamless, and secure connectivity.
Features of Linksys setup RE4100W Wi-Fi extender
It features a simple app-based Linksys router login into the Wi-Fi page and extender setup. Their official app will keep you updated with all types of the latest information and network status to solve interruptions without putting you in a waiting session of many hours or days. The nodes of this Velop can connect by using an Ethernet cable. Wired nodes all together can increase the range of your Velop system. It also decreases the hazards of wireless hurdles. After setup, connect the nodes using the Ethernet cable. And then, the nodes will connect to the wired connection automatically.
Linksys RE4100W extender login and setup guide
You can set up your range extender of Linksys setup RE4100W in two different ways. One of them is via range extender mode, and the other is Access Point mode. To begin the process, you must have the following equipment. An existing dual-band wireless router or the access point. Any of the end devices, like the computer or the laptop. The Wi-Fi name and the password of the existing router. A computer device or tablet with Wi-Fi connections.
- For the initial setup, your RE4100W should be on the default settings. If not, you can reset it using the reset button.
- As a first step, turn on the Linksys extender and wait till the LED lights begin to blink orange.
- With the help of a Wi-Fi-capable device, look for Linksys Extender Setup in the list of Wi-Fi and connect to it.
- Once connected, unlock the browser and enter the web interface Linksys smart wifi login.
- After entering the above URL, press enters on the displayed page click on START Setup.
(Important information: – If the Linksys setup RE4100W has not detected a DHCP server, it will opt for its default IP address that is 192.168.1.1. If you want to skip this Setup wizard, go for manual setup.
- Under the [wireless range extender], select the option of NEXT.
- The extender will scan for an existing 5 GHz Wi-Fi network using default settings.
- It will use a dedicated upstream connection for better performance.
- Now you can connect to your existing 5 GHz Wi-Fi. If you only want to connect to 2.4 GHz, then select the option of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band instead of 5 GHz.
- Enter the network password and tap NEXT. On the window that opens to you, again click next.
- If you long to create different names for each of your range extender’s radio bands, you need to uncheck the Band steering and put the required credentials in the field, click NEXT.
- With the help of spot Finder, fix the best spot for your RE900 Range extender.
- Now, you need to modify the admin password for your RE4100W. Save the changes made by you.
- Here you can register your Linksys RE4100W by putting your Email Address in the field, then clicking NEXT.
- As the last step, connect your wireless device with the new Wi-Fi. Once you connect to the router, the LED lights over the extender will turn solid Blue.
- The Linksys extender login process will now finish successfully.
Follow the same process while hooking the nodes in an iOS tablet or iPhone. Once the Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup completes, connect the secondary node to the power outlet. Then, you can associate the secondary node to the primary node using an Ethernet cable. The nodes will automatically switch to wireless connections. Try to use some higher-rated Wi-Fi cables like CAT5e. If you want to connect 2-3 nodes, repeat the process two, three times after setting up the entire nodes, again use an Ethernet cable to the upstream node. Thus you have successfully connected to your Linksys extender login.
Linksys Wi-Fi extender reset and reinstall
The most common blunder many individuals and WIFI users do, is resetting the range extender. They turn off the extender or forget to switch it on. Make sure to reset the Wi-Fi Range extender after turning it on using the power on/off switch. Before getting the extender to its factory default settings, do not forget to take the backup of the entire data that you have made in your extender.
- Use a small paper clip or a small paper pin and take a gaze at the back of your Linksys setup device.
- Discovering the reset button at the back of your range extender will require you to press it gently using any suitable object.
- Never leave the button instantly but keep it holding tightly for the next 15 to 30 seconds, then release.
- If you see all the LED lights on the range extender start flickering, that means the reset is complete.
- Now, let the reset button be released after 30 seconds, and see that the range extender will automatically start rebooting.
- You can also do the reset using the Linksys setup wizard.
Congratulations! You have successfully made the reset process completed on your range extender. Now, your extender has transformed into its original state called its default manufacturing settings. After that, make your Linksys extender setup using your wireless extender. You frequently visit the setup page of the Linksys setup web address.